“When you are in a marital dispute, reconcile with your husband or wife while you have an upper hand. This will be better for your dignity and personal happiness. If you are stubborn or petty and lose that opportunity to reconcile with dignity, you may be forced to reconcile while you are on the back foot due personal circumstances, then you will have to blame yourself for losing the opportunity to display your dignity which may negatively impact on the future of your marriage.”
“It is part of a successful marriage that both spouses respect each other’s families and attend family functions, Nikka, Janazah etc.in some instance, the wife cannot let go of her family and expect her husband to join in all her family get togethers even if the husband is not comfortable doing so. Such pressure on the husband eventually leads to family and marriage related problems. It is therefore best to consider the comfort of your husband as well. While you may be disappointed at this non-participation of your family functions, it is better than negative consequences of his discomfort in participating in your family gatherings.” 10 RECIPE FOR A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE
Consider Following These 10 Points To Control The Instinct Of Dispute And Maintain A Happy Joyful Marriage Today!
1. Fear Allah: It was the noble practice of Nabi Muhammad SAW, to conscientize the spouses about the fear for Allah before performing a Nikah by reciting the verses (Nisa verse 14, Ahzab verse 69, Aali-Imraan verse 101) from the Qur’an. All the verses are common in the message of Taqwa (fear of Allah). The spouse will be first committed to their partner. There can be no doubt in the success of a marriage governed by the fear of Allah.
2. Never be angry at the same time: anger is the root cause for all marital disputes. One Sahaba came to Rasulullah SAW and sought some advice. Rasulullah SAW replied, control your anger. The same advice was rendered three time. (Mishkaat pg.433; HM Saeed)
3. If one has to win an argument, let it be the other: Nabi Muhammad SAW said: “Whoever discards an argument despite being correct shall earn a palace in the centre of Jannah. (Ibid pg. 412)
4. Never shout at each other unless the house is
on fire: Luqman (AS) while offering advice to his son said: “and lower your
voice for verily the most disliked voice is that of a donkey”. (Surah Luqman
6. Never bring up mistakes of the past: Nabi Muhammad SAW said: “Whoever conceals the faults of tothers, Allah shall conceal his faults on the day of Qiyaamah.” (Mishkaat pg. 429; HM Saeed)
7. Neglect the whole world rather than your marriage partner: Nabi Muhammad SAW confirmed the advice of Salman to Abu-Darda (RA) for neglecting his wife. “verily there is a right of your wife over you.” (Nasai Hadith 2391)
8. Never sleep with an argument unsettled: Abu Bakr (RA) resolved his dispute with his wife over-feeding the guests before going to bed (Bukhari Hadith 602)